by Matt Slick
- Muhammad said Jesus was of red complexion.
- The Prophet said, “I saw Moses, Jesus and Abraham (on the night of my Ascension to the heavens). Jesus was of red complexion, curly hair and a broad chest. Moses was of brown complexion, straight hair and tall stature as if he was from the people of Az-Zutt.” Volume 4, Book 55, Number 648, Narrated Ibn Umar.
- Muhammad said Jesus said he can’t intercede for people.
- The Prophet said, “Allah will gather the believers on the Day of Resurrection in the same way (as they are gathered in this life), and they will say, ‘Let us ask someone to intercede for us with our Lord that He may relieve us from this place of ours.’ …They will go to Abraham who will reply, ‘I am not fit for this undertaking,’ and mention to them the mistakes he made, and add, ‘But you’d better go to Moses, a slave whom Allah gave the Torah and to whom He spoke directly’ They will go to Moses who will reply, ‘I am not fit for this undertaking,’ and mention to them the mistakes he made, and add, ‘You’d better go to Jesus, Allah’s slave and His Apostle and His Word (Be: And it was) and a soul created by Him.’ They will go to Jesus who will say, ‘I am not fit for this undertaking, but you’d better go to Muhammad whose sins of the past and the future had been forgiven (by Allah).’ So they will come to me and I will ask the permission of my Lord, and I will be permitted (to present myself) before Him.” Volume 9, Book 93, Number 507. Narrated Anas. Also, Volume 6, Book 60, Number 236.
- This is contrary to the Bible which states that Jesus is our mediator (1 Tim. 2:5) and always lives to intercede for us: Heb. 7:25, says, “Hence, also, He is able to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
- Muhammad implies that the Christian doctrine of Jesus as the son of God means God had a wife, demonstrating his lack of understanding of the issue.
- On the Day of Resurrection, a call-maker will announce, “Let every nation follow that which they used to worship.” Then none of those who used to worship anything other than Allah like idols and other deities but will fall in Hell (Fire), till there will remain none but those who used to worship Allah, both those who were obedient (i.e. good) and those who were disobedient (i.e. bad) and the remaining party of the people of the Scripture. . . Afterwards the Christians will be called upon and it will be said to them, ‘Who do you use to worship?’ They will say, ‘We used to worship Jesus, the son of Allah.’ It will be said to them, ‘You are liars, for Allah has never taken anyone as a wife or a son,’ . . . Allah will say, ‘I am your Lord.’ They will say twice or thrice, ‘We do not worship any besides Allah.’ ” Volume 6, Book 60, Number 105.Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri,
- Christian theology has never taught that Jesus was literally the offspring of God the Father. Neither has Christianity ever taught that God has a wife. (The cult ofMormonism has stated such erring doctrines, but it is not considered Christian.) The term Son of God signified Jesus’ special and unique relationship with the Father as the Father’s representative (Heb. 1:1-3).
- Muhammad said that Jesus worshiped Allah.
- Regarding the explanation of the Verse: ‘Those whom they call upon (worship) (like Jesus the Son of Mary, angels etc.) desire (for themselves) means of access to their Lord (Allah) as to which of them should be the nearer and they hope for His Mercy and fear His torment.’ (17.57)They themselves (e.g. Angels, saints, Apostles, Jesus, etc.,) worshipped Allah, Those Jinns who were worshipped by some Arabs became Muslims (embraced Islam), but those human beings stuck to their (old) religion. Al-Amash said extra: ‘Say, (O Muhammad): Call unto those besides Him whom you assume (to be gods).’ (17.56) Volume 6, Book 60, Number 238. Narrated Abdullah.
- Such a statement is only a conjecture. Jesus worshiped YHWH (Yahweh). See John 17.
- Ibn ‘Umar says that to say “Jesus is Lord,” is a great sin.
- Whenever Ibn ‘Umar was asked about marrying a Christian lady or a Jewess, he would say: “Allah has made it unlawful for the believers to marry ladies who ascribe partners in worship to Allah, and I do not know of a greater thing, as regards to ascribing partners in worship, etc. to Allah, than that a lady should say that Jesus is her Lord although he is just one of Allah’s slaves.” Volume 7, Book 63, Number 209. Narrated Nafi’.
- It is not a great sin and it is taught in the Bible that such a confession is necessary, a sign of salvation (Rom. 10:9-10).
- Muhammad said Jesus spoke while in the cradle
- The Prophet said, “None spoke in cradle but three: (The first was) Jesus, (the second was), there a man from Bani Israel called Juraij. Volume 4, Book 55, Number 645, Narrated Abu Huraira.
The preceding Hadith are transmitted by Sahih Bukhari and are quoted from and online source found at http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/.
Source : http://carm.org/religious-movements/islam/interesting-quotes-hadith-jesus
NB About the writer :
Matt SlickPresident and Founder of the Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry. Matt earned his Bachelors in Social Science from Concordia University, Irvine, CA in 1988. He earned his Masters of Divinity from Westminster Theological Seminary, in Escondido, CA, in 1991. He now resides in the Boise, Idaho area with his family. He is ordained. Matt started CARM in October of 1995 to respond to the many false teachings of the cults on the Internet.
For more info on the Judaic expression “son of god” please read more here :
“Son of God” means “Servant of God” in Hebrew
Comparison between Hebrew and Arabic:
In this article, I will prove that the Bible’s “Son of GOD” translation is wrong, because it literally means “Servant of GOD” as Islam clearly defines it. I have shown ample evidence from Hebrew below.
The following definitions were taken from:http://www.thebabycorner.com/pregnancy/babynames/find.php?sex=boy&begin=a
WordHebrew or ArabicEnglish TranslationAbbottHebrewFatherAbbArabicFatherAbelHebrewBreath or Son ofAbdArabicServant of or Slave of
Important Note: Since “Abd” means “Servant of” in Arabic, and “Abel” means “Breath of” in Hebrew, then this means “Abel” in Hebrew could also mean “Servant of” or “Creation of”, since it literally also means “Breath of”.
The following Hebrew words and their definitions were taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_God
WordHebrew or ArabicEnglish TranslationBenHebrewSon ofBinArabicSon of (as in Osama bin Laden)Benie ElohimHebrewSons of GODBeniArabicPeople of (as in Bani Israel, People of Israel)
Important Note: Since “Beni” in Arabic means “People of”, then this means that “Benie” in Hebrew also means “People of” or “Group of”, or “Belongings of”, which was falsely translated as “Sons of” throughout the entire Bible!
“In the Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha
This literature contain a few passages in which the title “son of God” is given to the Messiah (see Enoch, cv. 2; IV Esdras vii. 28-29; xiii. 32, 37, 52; xiv. 9); but the title belongs also to any one whose piety has placed him in a filial relation to God (see Wisdom ii. 13, 16, 18; v. 5, where “the sons of God” are identical with “the saints”; comp. Ecclus. [Sirach] iv. 10).
In Judaism, it is through such personal relations that the individual becomes conscious of God’s fatherhood, and gradually in Hellenistic and rabbinical literature “sonship to God” was ascribed first to every Israelite and then to every member of the human race (Abot iii. 15, v. 20; Ber. v. 1; see Abba). In one midrash, the Torah is said to be God’s “daughter” (Leviticus Rabbah xx.)”
Important Note: “filial relation to God” means that a person or creation has a special place in GOD Almighty’s Sight. Also, “sons of God” being identical with “the saints” means that the term “son of God” is not an accurate one in the sense of being physically or biologically “part of GOD” or “Son of GOD” respectively as the trinitarian Christians falsely claim.
Also, “In one midrash, the Torah is said to be God’s “daughter'”, further proves my point that “Son of GOD” today in the English bibles don’t mean more than a “Creation of GOD” or “Servant of GOD”; perhaps a very dear or special servant of GOD Almighty, as the Torah was also called “daughter of GOD”.
“Son of God” is the same as “Servant of God” in Hebrew!
“In modern English usage, the Son of God is almost always a reference to Jesus Christ, whom Christianityholds to be the son of the Christian God, eternally begotten of God the Father and coeternal with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.
Human or part-human offspring of deities are very common in other religions and mythologies, however. For example in the Epic of Gilgamesh, one of the earliest recorded legends of humanity, Gilgamesh claimed to be of both human and divine descent. Another well-known son of a god and a human is Hercules
A great many pantheons also included genealogies in which various gods were descended from other gods, and so the term “son of god” may be applied to many actual deities as well.”
Important Note: So as we can see, the “Son of GOD” theory originally comes from pagan Greek origins. And since most of the Bible’s New Testament was written in Greek, then it had been without a doubt negatively influenced by such pagan theology, where Jesus being called “Son of GOD” is literally interpreted today as “part of GOD” or the “Creator of the Universe”.
“In the Hebrew Bible Israel is both a man (Jacob, the son of Isaac) and the nation that descended from him.
Because of the shared name and organic identity, God speaks to the nation as though he were a single person. Israel is, in fact, God’s son (Exod 4:22 beni vechori yisrael; Deut 14:1 banim atem l’Adonai; Jer 31:9 ki hayiti le’yisrael le’av; Hosea 11:1 mimitzrayim qarati livni).
Israel’s Father nurtures him to grow up and become a worshiping servant (Exod 4:23 “Let my son go that he may serve me”).”
Important Note: Here we see when Israel became GOD Almighty’s “son”, he reached the point of being GOD Almighty’s “servant”. This means that “son of GOD” is nothing but a “Servant of GOD” as clearly defined in Islam. It doesn’t at all mean that the individual is part of GOD Almighty, or he is GOD the Father Himself.
This is further proven in this quote:
“The Inner Son Rescues His People
Read together, these texts make clear that the Plan (etzah) is set in God’s mind. He will use the anointed one and his circle of faithful-to-God disciples as his agent for bringing rebellious Israel back to his sonship calling.
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]YHVH formed me from the womb to be His Servant,
to bring Jacob back to him,
in order that Israel might be gathered to Him. It is too small a thing that you should be
my Servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob,
and to restore the preserved ones [netzurim] of Israel . . . (Isa 49:5, 6) [/size][/font]
It’s worth noting that the apostles Paul and Barnabas quoted this passage in reference to themselves, as being members of the Messiah’s Remnant Israel (Acts 13:46-48; cf. Luke 2:32).
Thus, within the writings of Isaiah we observe the tensions, paradoxes, and hopes for fixing what is broken both within God’s servant people and in the creation as a whole. To accomplish this there are two whoserve the Lord, two with the title “Eved.” “
Important Note: Again, we see that the Son of GOD’s main responsibility is to Serve GOD Almighty and to Worship Him alone. So a Son of GOD is basically a Servant of GOD. Also, Jesus being called “Son of GOD” is also no different. Him being the “Son of GOD” means he is a Servant of GOD Almighty, or Abdallah, since “Abd” means “Servant of” and “Allah” means “GOD” or “The Supreme GOD Almighty above all gods”.