“ANOTHER PARACLETE” was originally
“ANOTHER INDEPENDENT SALVIFIC FIGURE”
LIKE JESUS TO COME AFTER JESUS
later on Paraclete was confused with
which was already present when
Jesus was Baptized by John the Baptist…
What is Anchor Bible?
Jesus said: “Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Paraclete (the Advocate) will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will prove the world wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment.” John 16: 7-8
Please read the following exhaustive study done by the biblical scholars of international and interfaith scope to know the real truth about this misunderstood personality of “The Paraclete” who was to come after Jesus. Was this Paraclete once regarded as an independent salvific male figure like Jesus and later confused with the Holy Spirit? The following pages have been SCANNED from the Anchor Bible Vol. 29A. Please read my personal comments at the end. My sincere thanks are due to the publishers/editors of the Anchor Bible. The volumes of this Anchor Bible are found in the major public libraries
MY COMMENTS TO THE LAST SENTENCE
1. The evangelical concept for the “second coming of Jesus”, which is being awaited by the followers of Jesus for over the last two millennium, need not be confused with the Johannine picture for the coming of “another paraclete” which was subject to the departure of Jesus and him requesting the Father.
2. If the followers of Jesus were to believe that Jesus – a Paraclete, “is present within all believers “ then the visualized Johannine picture of Father sending “another paraclete” to guide the mankind into all truth, is made redundant.
3. The verses from John’s gospel scrutinized in the APPENDIX V above demonstrate the fact that Jesus had himself foretold his disciples the coming of “another paraclete”(“he”), who will guide them along the path of all truth and that paraclete “he” will take what belonged to him (Jesus) and declare to them.
4. The exhaustive study for the coming of “another paraclete” or “anothermale salvific figure like Jesus” is valid and well founded because this male individual “he” has already been sent down by the Heavenly Father of Jesus.
5. Furthermore, this “second paraclete” has glorified his predecessor “the first paraclete” (Jesus) and “he” did “speak” (recite) whatever that he“heard” as the revelations sent to him through the arch angel of God. He added “nothing of his own” to those Revealed Verses. (see John xvi 14-13).
6. The history of religions and faiths have recorded none other beside Muhammad – the prophet of Islam, as an accredited emissary and envoy of God that has uncompromisingly born witness to the birth of Jesus through Virgin Mary, attested the Miracles performed by Jesus with the leave of his Father and has Declared Jesus as a “Messiah” and the “Righteous Prophet”.
7. Prophet Muhammad did prove the world of his era to be “wrong about sin, justice, and judgment” as foretold by Jesus in John xvi 8-11. He did bring all the mankind out of the “age of ignorance” into an “age of enlightenment” through these Revealed Message (the Qur’an – the Koran). This book is being recited in Arabic and the interpretations (translations) studied in several languages throughout the world. To read English or French translation of the Qur’an please click: http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran
8. Finally, several millenniums before Christ Jesus spoke for the coming of “another paraclete”, the making of ISLAM as a Great Nation was already in GOD’S MASTER PLAN and foretold in the Holy Bible. God the Almighty had declared His Master Plan to His prophets Abraham, Moses, Solomon, Isaiah and Habakkuk. Here are few verses from the Old and New Testaments. Genesis 17: 20; 21: 13-17-18; Deuteronomy 18: 15-18 and in particular 33:2; Songs of Solomon 5: 10 to 16; Isaiah 42: 9 to 17 and Habakkuk 3: 3. John 14: 16/26; 15: 26; 16: 7 to 15; 1 John 2: 1 and
1 John 4: 6.