ISAAC OR ISHMAEL who was REALLY SACRIFICED?
“ISAAC OR Ishma-El”
It is the twenty first century and the Jews and Muslims are in a bitter war of attrition. The rest of the world watches as these two genetic brothers go to great lengths to gain the upper hand so that they can destroy each other and wipe their own brethren from the planet. Now we have all heard many different stories as to why this is so. However, what is the correct story? Why do the Muslims and Jews fight?
After doing research, I have come to the conclusion that the Muslims and Jews are fighting because of one event in the bible that single handedly changed their family structure for generations to come. The adversary/Satan knows the scriptures much better than we will ever know. With his knowledge of scriptures about the past, Satan will do anything to change the scriptures of God! Satan is not one singular being. Satan is anyone who changes the word of God or goes against it. The New Testament is not the only book where the scribes are guilty of biblical tampering. The original Jews also tampered with the Old Testament bible and God punished them for it severely.Yes, I know this seems hard to believe but it’s true. God tells us many times in the Bible where He destroyed the people of Israel and Judah because the”LEADERS and PROPHETS” led them astray. In this chapter we will learn two important new things.
1. It may have been Ishmael and not Isaac that Abraham originally offered as a sacrifice on the altar.
2. Jealousy may have been the caused of the separation of Abraham’s original family structure.
3. Just like Jacob stole the birthright from Esau, the descendants of Isaac may have stole the birthright and inheritance from Ishmael.
4. The sons of Isaac may have switched the biblical names because of greed or other reasons unknown.
Now how much of this can I really prove? Well, I don’t really know. All I am trying to do with this publication is show you the evidence at hand and show you why I believe these stories have also been edited. So let’s go to the bible and see if we can decipher clues from the written story in the book of Genesis…
ABRAM’S FAMILY TREE:
As we look at Genesis 15:3, Abram is childless and is asking God to allow the child of one of his servants Eliezer to become his own child. God denies that request and promises Abram that he will indeed have a child from his own body and bloodline. In verses 5-17 God gave Abram a glimpse into the future. God told Abram that he will have more children than the stars and that these children will come to suffer. Now let’s start at verse 18:
- In the same day the LORD made a COVENANT with Abram, saying, unto thy “SEED” have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the great Euphrates. GENESIS 16:18
God promised to give Abram’s children a massive amount of land that stretches from Egypt all the way to the Euphrates River. In verses 19 thru 21, God gives even more detailed information of the land the children shall have. Please notice that there are no children born before this prophecy. In Chapter 16:1, Abram’s wife Sarai gives her handmaid Hagar to Abram to be his second wife. Abram agrees to this request because he recalls the prophecy that God has told Him ten years earlier. Abram and Hagar bring forth the fulfillment of God’s prophecy of Abram having a child from his own loins. Verses 4 through 6 show us the discord between Abram’s first wife, Sarai, and his second wife Hagar. Even though Hagar is Abram’s wife too she is to be submissive to the first wife. She is arrogant and flaunts the pregnancy in Sarai’s face. Abram permits Sarai to severely beat Hagar until she is forced to run away. God dispatches the Angel to Hagar’s aid:
- And the angel of the Lord said unto her; return to thy mistress and submit thyself under her hands. GENESIS 16:9
God will not allow Hagar to leave because she is carrying Abram’s promised child in her. She commanded by the Angel of God to humble herself and return back to Sarai.
- And the angel of the Lord said unto “HER” I will multiply thy“SEED” exceedingly, that it shall not be “NUMBERED” for multitude. GENESIS 16:10
God says return with the promised child of Abraham. He promises Hagar that her seed will be so great that no man can number. Didn’t God say the exact same thing to Abraham about their seed? Now look at the next verse as the Angel says the same thing to Hagar as God promised Abram ten years earlier:
- And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to “NUMBER” them so shall thy “SEED” be. GENESIS 15:5
God has spoken to both Abram and his wife Hagar on the same subject of how great the multitude of their children will be. A number so great that neither one of them will be able to number.
- And the angel of the Lord said unto “HER” Behold, thou art with CHILD and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name ISHMAEL because the Lord has heard thy affliction. GENESIS 16:11
The Angel tells Hagar that she is with the promised child of Abraham and also what the child’s name is to be; Ishmael. What does the name Ishmael mean in Hebrew?
“ISHMAEL”: Hebrew name meaning “ God hears:
Amazing, the name Ishmael means: God hears. Remember again, the angel told Hagar the name of the child, she did not come up with the name on her own. This lets us know that Ishmael is God’s answer to Abram’s prayers.Wow! What a revelation!
Now Abram and Hagar are on the same page because the scriptures let us know that it is Abram the father who determines the name of the child.We also know the name is the same that is told to Hagar as well:
- And Hagar bare Abram a son: and Abram called “HIS SON’S”name “ISHMAEL. GENESIS 16:11
We see that Ishmael is not an illegitimate child, He is the offspring of his married mother and father; the child of promise:
- And Abram was “FOUR SCORE AND SIX” years old when Hagar bare “ISHMAEL.” to Abram. GENESIS 16:16
Abram was 86 years old when Hagar gave him a son. Again whose son? It is Abram’s son Ishmael period. Now let’s move on to chapter 17.
- And when Abram was “NINETY and NINE” years old, the lord appeared to Abram, and said I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect! And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.GENESIS 17:1, 2
Notice the very first word “AND” is used to show us the continuation of verse 16 of the previous chapter. Thirteen years have passed and Abram is ninety-nine years old. We do not have a history of all that went on in the pass thirteen years so things are left to speculation at this point.Maybe false gods were springing up in the land where Abram resided and Abram might have thought of turning to one of them. There has to be a reason for God to reappear to Abram to tell him again that it is He alone that is the Almighty God? We really don’t know…
God makes a promise to Abram. If Abram will continue follow Him,God says the covenant that He made with Abram will come true and that He would multiply Abrams health, wealth, bloodline, and prosperity in great abundance.
- As for me, behold my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. GENESIS 17:4
God is reaffirming His promise to Abram about his children’s future.
- Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. GENESIS 17:5
Abram is now Abraham because God has already made Him a father of many nations. Clearly it has already begun and Isaac is nowhere in the picture. In verses 6 thru 9, God promises Abraham that His seed will produce great kings and great nations. The covenant will not only be with Abraham but with all of his children and their children: What is that covenant?
- This is “MY COVENANT” which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; every man child among you shall be “CIRCUMCISED” And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a “TOKEN” of the covenant betwixt me and you. GENESIS 17:10, 11
The circumcision ritual is to be done as a token or pact between God and Abraham. Notice how Isaac is not even a fore thought while God is making the promise of making Abraham’s seed a great nation and kings.
From verses 9 thru 14 God speaks of the covenant and the rituals that all of Abraham’s children and servant and all that dwell in His household must do to honor the covenant. In verse 15 God will not exclude Abraham’s first wife Sarai from the promise. He then changes Sarai’s name to Sarah. Then next verse is very insightful:
- And I will bless her, and give thee a son “ALSO” of her: Yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nation; kings of people shall be of her. GENESIS 17:16
Although the promised child was Ishmael, God refuses to leave Sarah out of the fold and blesses her as well. God informs Abraham that He will “ALSO” give him an additional son by his first wife Sarah too.
- Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? And shall Sarah that is ninety years old bear? GENESIS 17:17
This verse is very shocking in its revelations to the world. The verse let’s us know that Abraham never expected another child from God to be the child of the promise.
God was quite clear thirteen years earlier when He promised Abraham a son and that the promised child was to be called Ishmael. When God decided to include Sarah and another child, Abraham had to laugh because he thought he had become too old to sire another child. Abraham assumes the angel of the Lord was mistaken:
- And Abraham said unto God, O that “ISHMAEL” might live before thee. GENESIS 17:18
God was not taking Ishmael away from Abraham; He is just adding another seed to the promise:
- And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name “ISAAC” and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. GENESIS 17:19
The way this verse is translated has caused so much strife between the children of Ishmael/Muslims, and the children of Isaac/Jews, for centuries…
Is God claiming that the promise is only with Isaac in this verse? Of course not! As concerning Isaac, Genesis 17:16 said the word: “ALSO”about Sarah’s child being included as one of Abraham’s many promised children.God will establish His covenant with Sarah’s child too along with Hagar’s son Ishmael. The Jews thought this verse was solely speaking of Isaac being the sole beneficiary of the promise. This is not true. Notice in verse 18, Abraham thought something was to happen to the first child of the promise Ishmael. God lets the world know that Ishmael too was included in the original promise:
- And as for “ISHMAEL” I have “HEARD THEE” I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly’ twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. GENESIS 17:20
Remember, the original promise God made to Abraham was that He would multiply his seed, which He has, and that He would give Abraham’s children vast amounts of land. That is all. God eases Abraham’s fears about Ishmael and assures Abraham nothing is going to happen to him. God promises to bless Ishmael and to make great nations and kings from Him. Common sense should tell us that in order for Ishmael’s seed to be kings of great nations then they would have to have great amounts of land also. Duh!
THE DECEPTION BEGINS:
- But my covenant will I establish with “ISAAC” which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year. And he left off talking with him and God went up from Abraham. GENESIS 17:21, 22
Now I ask you:
“Is it possible for the children of Isaac to have added these two verses to show their dominance?”
Doesn’t it seem very strange that no explanation is given to Abraham accept an: “I said so” answer? Let’s look at the next verse for clues:
- And Abraham took “ISHMAEL HIS SON” and all that were born in his house, and all that were male among the men of Abraham’s house; and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the “SAME DAY” as God had said unto Him. GENESIS 17:23
Why circumcise Ishmael if he were not to be part of the Covenant and promise of God? It would seem that verses 21, 22 may be additions by vain Jewish scribes because it would seem the scriptures have much more clarity without those additional verses. Without those added verses we can deduct:
- God decides to include Sarah’s child also into the promise.
- Abraham gets nervous about the fate of His son Ishmael.
- God reassures Abraham of Ishmael’s promised destiny.
- Abraham on the “SAME DAY” circumcised his then only child Ishmael and all the men of His household as proof of his covenant with God.
As you can see all of these biblical points are proof that Ishmael was the initial first heir to the promises of God. Now you know…
JEALOUSY ENTERS ABRAHAM’S HOUSE:
- Abraham was ninety-nine years old when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin. GENESIS 17:24
The Scriptures state that Abraham was “99” years old when the COVENANT is established. Now we see that makes Abraham’s son Ishmael 13 years old. Now how old is Isaac atthis time? That’s right you guess it, Isaac was NOT even conceived as of yet. The scriptures make it clear for us:
- Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him. GENESIS 21:5
This means during the circumcision/sacrifice, Abraham’s only “begotten” son is Ishmael and not Isaac, as the “Jewish” scribes/men would have us to believe.
Now all strife between the sons of Abraham happened when evil entered Sarah and she decided to destroy Abraham’s first child!
- And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh so that all that hear will laugh with me. And she said, who would have said unto Abraham that Sarah should have given children suck? For I have born him a son in his old age. GENESIS 21:6, 7
Sarah is very happy and glad to show the world that she was able to finally bare a son to her husband. She can now raise her head up high again,because she has a child of her own. Now that she has a child there is one too many children in this household! Satan slips in the back door!
- And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham mocking. GENESIS 21:9
“What? You, a lowly child of a slave are making fun of my child? YOU MUST GO!”
- Wherefore she said unto Abraham, “CAST OUT” this bondwoman and her “SON!” for the son of the bondwoman shall “NOT” be “HEIR” with “MY SON even with Isaac!GENESIS 21:10
Wow, is it possible that from a little harmless teasing from one child to another allowed Satan to enter Sarah and command her Husband to end His marital relationship with his second wife and cheat a little child out of His promised inheritance? I do not know, all we know is Sarah says:
“That slave’s son will NEVER be an heir with mine!” Sarah in her outrage tells Abraham that Ishmael shall not be even or better said: “EQUAL”with her son! Wow, A potential cat fight in the making!
Hence, Abraham is forced to grievously give in to Sarah and force his wife Hagar and son Ishmael to depart into a treacherous desert to fend for themselves. Wow, all of this because of the jealously of one spoiled and envious woman. It would be so sad that this woman could possibly be the cause of the children of Abraham’s fighting to this very day and not accepting each other as legitimate children of the bloodline of Abraham. All of this is speculation and for general exploration, so please don’t take this as necessarily the truth. God allows Abraham to submit to Sarah’s wishes and again proves that Ishmael is a child of the Promise despite what Sarah wishes. Look as God includes both children:
- …Hearken unto her voice; for in “ISAAC” shall thy seed be called and “ALSO” of the “SON” of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because “HE” is “THY SEED. GENESIS 21:12, 13
Can we say anymore on these two verses? Clearly God tells Abraham to do what Sarah commands and not to worry; Ishmael will be protected by Him and flourish like God promised thirteen years ago. Why will God do all this for Abraham? God says: “…because “HE” is “THY SEED.” AMEN…
As we continue, Abraham sends his wife and firstborn child away into the wilderness of Beersheba. With water and food supplies depleted Hagar cries out to her God for assistance. The angel of the Lord consoles her and let’s her know that God heard the child’s voice. God then reaffirms the promise to her:
- Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him in thine hand: for I will make him (Ishmael) a “GREAT NATION.” GENESIS 21:18
God then provides water and food for Hagar and Ishmael to continue in the desert. The bible then let’s us know that God was always with Ishmael the child of the promise all His days.The bible leaves us no clue of what happens to Ishmael from then on and possibly by a vain scholar takes on a more singular Pro-Judaism view of the heritage of only Isaac. In verse 22, the bible says God decides to tempt Abraham. Notice however how the writer in a subtle fashion decides to forget about the existence of Abraham’s first born promised child altogether:
- And he said, take now thy son, thine “ONLY SON” Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of. GENESIS 22:2
The bible just told us that God took care of Abraham’s son in the desert while He grew up. Did Ishmael all of a sudden die? Did God really call Isaac Abraham’s only son or did the pen of the scribes add this? Abraham knew he had two children, and it was God that gave them too Abraham as well? So would it make it sense to say God made such a statement as your “ONLY” son? Again this calls for speculation for the reader. Notice again how the writer makes God to claim that Isaac is Abraham’s only son again:
- …For I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine “ONLY SON” from me. 16 …By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son thine “ONLY SON. GENESIS 22:12&16
The writer was really trying to hammer his point across wasn’t he? It wasn’t clear enough that Isaac was Abraham’s son; the writer wanted us to know that Isaac alone was Abraham’s“ONLY SON.” Again just an observation…
The writer of the verse above wants us to believe that Isaac was Abraham’s only son. I must ask you to decide: “Is Isaac Abraham’s “ONLY” son?”
According to the word of God Isaac is not Abraham’s only child. The scriptures make it very clear even after Abraham’s death Ishmael was considered a Legitimate “SON” of Abraham:
- And his (SONS) ISAAC and “ISHMAEL” buried him (Abraham) in the cave of Machpelah, in the field of Ephron the son of Zohar the Hittite, which is before Mamre. GENESIS 25:9
Here together both of Abraham’s children; Ishmael and Isaac AS ONE, (Plural) burying their father. I pray that I am not offending the Jewish people or the Muslim people in anything that I have said. All that I am attempting to do is offer reconciliation between the offspring of the two legitimate children of Abraham.
The Jews believed Ishmael to be a bastard child and not entitled to the promises of God. Even the New Testament writers decided not to include Ishmael in the promise:
- By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his “ONLY”begotten son. HEBREWS 11:17
The writer of Hebrew is incorrect because we have the confirmation by God in Chapter 25:9, that Ishmael was in fact a legitimate son. Even after Abraham died the promises of God were with Ishmael for the Holy Scripture says I will make great Nations from Ishmael.
- And ALSO of the SON of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he (Ishmael) is THY SEED. GENESIS 21:13
Have you noticed the words from the Almighty God that says ALSO? By YHWH saying the word “ALSO” this entitles Ishmael and his seed the royal inheritance from God that Isaac also has. Why? Because YHWH himself says that Ishmael is ABRAHAM’S (SON!) Now if YHWH says this is so, who are we to say it is not the truth? Will you call God a LIAR? I hope not.
Read/Seek to find the truth that God has for each and every one of us. Do not rely on the Preacher or me for your understanding of God for we are only men.